1. Main Connection Port Connect to the mains for power supply of updating, printing data logging and internet access after disconnecting from the vehicle.
2. USB Connection Port Connect to the computer for updating and printing.
3. Diagnostic Socket Provides power supply and connection to the vehicle via diagnostic cables and connectors supplied.
4. Internet Connection Port Provides internet access for updating, printing and data logging and brings the internet resource of your choice at your fingertips.
5. ON/ OFF Button Powers on/ off the diagnostic tool.
Note: The scan tool will not turn off automatically; it stays on until you turn it off.
6. LED Indicators
The three light-emitting diodes indicate certain system conditions:
Communication LED – Green LED light in middle shows when the unit is in service.
Wireless LAN activity LED – Green LED light in the left shows when a wireless local area network in enabled, flashes when data is being sent or received.
Main Power LED – Red LED light in the right shows when the unit is powered on.
7. SD Card Slot
The standard SD (Secure Digital) card slot enables the unit to read and write data to the card inserted in the slot. To use the software, insert the card with the metal contacts facing down and pointing toward the MaxiDAS.
Note: Do not force media into the SD card slot. This may damage the SD card slot. To Remove SD Card, press the card again and slot will pop out card automatically.
8. Stylus The Stylus is used for typing and selecting. To calibrating Touch Screen, refer to chapter 7 – 8, Calibrating Touch Screen.
9. Stand The built- in metal stand allows the unit to rest for hands-free viewing when extended. It is attached to the back of the scan tool and can be secured to the back again unit when not in use.
10. Handgrip The handgrips are attached to both sides of the MaxiDAS unit. Hold the handgrips to stabilize the unit while using. The handgrip also eliminates the damage when you drop the tool accidentally.
11. MaxiDAS 708 Label
The Label includes the notice and warning.
12. LCD Screen Displays the menus and data screens.
Important: Use the supplied stylus or plastic-tipped pens for touch screen display. Do not use pencil, pen or any sharp object on touch screen display.
13. Memory Card
The Memory Card contains the tool’s diagnostic software, applications and maximum of 4 Gigabytes storage.
Note: Do not remove the memory card while the unit is in service.
14. DLC Cables
The DLC (Data Link Connector) Cable is used to connect between the scan tool and vehicle’s DLC. Numbers of cables are provided; select the appropriate one for the vehicle being tested. An optional extension cable may also be used.
15. AC Power Supply
The AC power supply and power cord (12V and 3.33A) is used to power the scan tool from wall socket.
Autel MaxiDAS DS708 update website: